17/11/2014

PHOTOGRAPHY & ME

I have always loved taking photos. Of travels, streets, people, wildlife and landscapes. I love the way that your camera takes pictures that your eyes can't take and turns them into permanent memories. I love to catch that smile, that wink, that tear, that one moment that will never be erased. A few years ago I bought my first DSLR and being still very happy with it, it was always something for myself to practise. But lately, I have been taking photos of events, theatre performances, festivals and galleries. And after my last event I was asked to be the (paid!) photographer of the next event. It was not the fact that I would get money for it that I liked, but the fact that they loved the way I captured the athmosphere of the last event on camera. I did not expect that people would come up to me and thank me for my photos. Appreciation can just not be expressed in monetary terms (and yes, professor Klamer, money is never the end goal!)

And although I still have a very long way to go in terms of photography, I would like to see this as the start of something new. The start of me, exploring creativity on a different level. May there be many more photography assignments coming up!


WHO: Me, the photographer!
WHAT: 40th anniversity NRCH
WHERE: Richmond, Melbourne












No comments:

Post a Comment